Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Well it has almost been two weeks of me being the only gringo and English speaking person here. It is going pretty well. Some days are harder than others but I love every moment I get to spend with my best friend and lover of my soul, Jesus. I have learned so much and God is really dealing with some things in my heart and uprooting old sin so new things can grow. The language barrier is harder some days then others but I am starting to get Spanish. I think I know how a baby feels when they are learning to talk they can understand what you are telling them or asking them but don’t know how to put in words what they want to say. I have been sick and in bed most of the day so I had some time to write down some of the things God has been teaching me. All of the students and dorm parents are so sweet, making sure I am happy and not depressed since I am the only gringo here. They have made me feel so loved. And God has been giving me all the comfort I need. I am truly finding Him to be all I need and desire which was the biggest reason of staying here for six week by myself. He is truly developing a full dependency on Him in my heart. In 100% surrender to him comes so much beauty. Solitude is definitely the channel of intimacy with God! Every day I grow closer to him and fall in love with him more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment